- Be aware of your
surroundings. Choose machines that are in well-lit open spaces.
- If anything about the machine or surroundings makes you
uncomfortable, leave and find another machine.
- Have your card out or in your pocket when you approach the
machine so you are ready to make a transaction.
- Stand directly in front of the machine and protect your card
and Personal Identification Number (PIN) as you are entering it. Be wary
of individuals who may be watching as you make your transaction.
- Don’t accept “help” from people around the machine.
- Take your receipts and transaction records with you.
- If a machine retains your card, contact the financial